Hill Peterson Carper Bee & Deitzler PLLC

Available 24/7

Call: 800-797-9730
Hill Peterson Carper Bee & Deitzler PLLC

A Skilled Team Of Personal Injury Attorneys

The potential consequences of motor vehicle accidents

A collision can occur at any given moment and under a multitude of scenarios, and even a seemingly minor incident could pose a threat to the safety of those involved. With the extensive nature of medical expenses and the stress of facing a long road to recovery, Individuals in West Virginia who suffer severe harm in motor vehicle accidents may encounter a variety of hardships in life. While there are a variety of injuries one may suffer in a collision, some tend to be more prevalent than others.

Studies indicate that one of the most common types of injuries a person can suffer in a car accident is a back injury. Back injuries have a significant impact on a person’s ability to perform everyday tasks and unfortunately in some cases, these injuries could lead to long-term or permanent pain and suffering. Whiplash is another common injury that can occur in a collision, and although the symptoms of a neck or shoulder injury may take time to manifest, they can still be exceedingly painful.

In some cases, a person could also suffer internal harm such as an abdominal injury and seeking medical attention for such an injury is imperative. Headaches are also common symptoms of accident victims and the severity of these injuries can range anywhere from a minor concussion to a traumatic brain injury. Broken bones and severe burns are also common types of injuries suffered in a collision.

Motor vehicle accidents can be traumatic incidents that could leave a person with long-term or permanent injuries. If the crash comes as the result of another party’s negligent actions, a person in West Virginia could choose to speak with an attorney for insight into the available options with which to seek restitution. Seeking guidance early on could prove essential to helping a person better prepare to pursue the compensation entitled through a personal injury claim.

FindLaw Network