Hill Peterson Carper Bee & Deitzler PLLC

Available 24/7

Call: 800-797-9730
Hill Peterson Carper Bee & Deitzler PLLC

A Skilled Team Of Personal Injury Attorneys

Hit-and-run motor vehicle accidents can be disastrous

Being involved in a hit-and-run collision can be a scary experience. In motor vehicle accidents where one driver chooses to flee the scene, the other party could be left undiscovered for lengthy periods, and if medical care is necessary, a similar incident can have disastrous consequences. A woman reportedly suffered serious injuries in a recent hit-and-run accident in West Virginia that has left authorities in search of the responsible party.

Law enforcement agents have advised that the incident occurred on a recent Monday morning when a driver reportedly failed to yield upon merging into traffic. Upon entering the road, the vehicle proceeded to sideswipe a nearby car, subsequently causing that car to veer off the road and strike a nearby utility pole. The driver who caused the collision fled the scene, and the driver of the car was trapped within her vehicle until emergency responders arrived.

Upon arriving at the scene, emergency responders were able to free the woman and rush her to a nearby medical facility for treatment. Police have advised that the investigation into the incident is currently still underway. They have also advised they were able to obtain information about the incident and a description of the other vehicle from witnesses and that they are continuing to search for the other vehicle and its driver.

Hit-and-run motor vehicle accidents can be exceedingly dangerous, and the victims of similar incidents may be left in search of answers, or justice. Should authorities locate the responsible party, the victim could choose to pursue accountability through the civil justice system with the assistance of an experienced attorney. An attorney in West Virginia can examine the incident and provide a client with assistance in pursuing the full amount of restitution to which he or she is entitled to receive through a personal injury lawsuit.

FindLaw Network