Hill Peterson Carper Bee & Deitzler PLLC

Available 24/7

Call: 800-797-9730
Hill Peterson Carper Bee & Deitzler PLLC

A Skilled Team Of Personal Injury Attorneys

Personal injury claim an option after a slip-and-fall accident

West Virginia residents who have been injured because of circumstances beyond their control may not understand that they could have a valid personal injury claim. It can be daunting to face a legal process, even if an injury has led to medical bills, missed work and other consequences. Instead of suffering through the aftermath alone, injured parties and families may gain by seeking assistance from a personal injury attorney in order to better understand their options for financial recovery. 

A slip-and-fall accident can leave a victim with broken bones, bruises, back injuries and other trauma. Victims may find themselves facing medical bills and lost work, all because of a simple fall due to uncontrollable circumstances. Unmarked wet floors, faulty stairs and other hazards all pose a risk to West Virginia residents. 

If the injury occurred at a public place, retail store or another party’s home, the option exists for potential financial compensation. It may be tempting to dismiss a fall, assuming that it occurred because of personal error, but it simply makes good sense to seek a case evaluation with a personal injury attorney. It is possible that a fall was caused by negligence or dangerous conditions. 

When a person has suffered an injury that was caused by the negligent or reckless behavior of another party, a personal injury claim is a reasonable manner by which a person can pursue a claim for compensation. After a slip-and-fall accident, the injured party has the right to seek a comprehensive evaluation of the situation in order to determine the best way to move forward. The details of the accident, including the condition of the premises where the injury occurred, will be assessed, and the necessary evidence gathered and preserved in order to move forward with a claim for reimbursement of monetary damages sustained.

FindLaw Network