Driving a motor vehicle can be hazardous enough on its own. However, when coupled with the careless actions of other drivers, accidents can occur that cause serious injuries and fatalities. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is often likely that someone else's negligence caused your crash.
At The Law Firm of Hill, Peterson, Carper, Bee & Deitzler, PLLC, we have extensive experience handling all motor vehicle accident cases, including those that occurred due to negligent drivers on dangerous roadways. Based in Charleston and handling cases throughout West Virginia, our lawyers stand up for the rights of injured people and their families.
Types Of Accidents Caused By Dangerous Drivers
Our firm represents clients who have sustained traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, other injuries or the death of a loved one in accidents involving:
- Drunk drivers: Whenever an individual is impaired by alcohol or drugs and gets behind the wheel of a car, they create a situation in which they can cause harm to themselves or others. We take action to hold drugged and drunk drivers accountable for their careless actions.
- Distracted drivers and drivers who are texting while driving: When behind the wheel of a vehicle, it is up to the driver to keep his or her attention on the road. However, many types of distractions, whether it is a text message, cellphone call or eating while driving, can lead to inattentive driving and serious accidents.
- Drivers falling asleep at the wheel: Today's society often pushes all of us to maintain extremely busy schedules. People are often tired while driving or driving late at night. As a result, they may fall asleep at the wheel.
- Speeding and negligent drivers: Whether a driver is in a car, on a motorcycle or driving another type of vehicle, he or she is responsible for conducting themselves in a manner that is safe for them and the drivers around them. Unfortunately, people who are speeding, driving recklessly or are otherwise negligent on the road can cause very serious accidents.
- Drivers who fail to abide by signage: As young drivers, we are all taught to abide by any posted road signs. When drivers fail to observe posted signs or willfully disregard traffic control devices and signs, they create dangerous situations for other drivers, which often result in severe and fatal wrecks.
Snow and ice are extremely hazardous for drivers. When these types of precipitation build up on the roads and highways, driving can be fatal. Many drivers do not adjust their speeds or understand how to drive in snow and ice, causing serious accidents. If you have been injured due to a negligent driver who was speeding in winter conditions, we can help.
Talk With Our Attorneys Now About Serious Accidents
Our legal team at The Law Firm of Hill, Peterson, Carper, Bee & Deitzler, PLLC, can help you understand your rights and provide you with the tailored representation you deserve. Call us now at 304-205-1810, 800-797-9730 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.